Umberto Bombana, Julien Royer, Arnaud Sauthier, Mingoo Kang, Ryan Clift, Richard Ekkebus, Luca Fantin and Dharshan Munidasa will cook in Bangkok from 18 to 23 February at a series of five exclusive lunches and dinners sponsored by S.Pellegrino.
The eight great chefs will convene at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Bangkok preparing exclusive menus allowing diners to sample food from some of the finest chefs across Asia in one stunning location, in just one week.
From Tokyo to Singapore, the event gathers some of the region's most celebrated names in gastronomy with many holding a place on Asia's 50 Best Restaurants list. The chefs will showcase their unique styles in a series of solo or four or six hands dinners where the creative sparks are sure to fly.
Each dinner will be served in the exclusive surroundings of French fine dining restaurant Le Normandie in the hotel’s Garden Wing with breathtaking views over the Chao Phraya River, or the smart casual riverside venue of Lord Jim’s.
8 Great Chefs at The Mandarin Oriental Hotel
1. 18 February - Chef Umberto Bombana at Le Normandie
The series will begin with Chef Umberto Bombana, from ‘8½ Otto e Mezzo BOMBANA’, Hong Kong, at Le Normandie for evening service. He will demonstrate the culinary skills that have made it the first and only Italian restaurant outside Italy to receive three Michelin Stars, with a six-course menu.
2. 19 February - Four Hands Experience - Arnaud Sauthier and Julien Royer at Le Normandie
The first "four hands experience" will take place at lunchtime in Le Normandie where resident chef Arnaud Sauthier will be joined by chef Julien Royer of two Michelin-starred Odette in Singapore, to create an exclusive nine-course lunch. 
The sitting will offer guests a unique opportunity to taste the exceptional ingredients of some of the finest boutique producers from around the globe.
3. 19 February - Six Hands Dinner with Mingoo Kang, Ryan Clift, Richard Ekkebus at Lord Jim's
Meanwhile a trio of top chefs will participate in the nine course, "six hands dinner" on 19 February 2017 at the more relaxed venue of Lord Jim’s.
The exciting collaboration includes Mingoo Kang from Mingles in Seoul, Korea, chef Ryan Clift, one of Singapore’s most popular mixologist chefs from the restaurant Tippling Club, and two Michelin Star Chef Richard Ekkebus of Amber at the Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong.
4. 22 February 2017 - Luca Fantin at Le Normandie
Fans of Italian cuisine won't want to miss the unique opportuity to book a table at Le Normandie on 22 February 2017 to discover the cuisine of Luca Fantin from Il Ristorante, located in the ultra-exclusive Bulgari Hotel in Tokyo, Japan.
Fantin is known for his creative spin on Italian cuisine using quality seasonal ingredients where his artful creativity is certain to be showcased in his five course menu.
5. 23 February - Chef Dharshan Munidasa at Lord Jim's
For the the grand finale on 23 February 2017, chef Dharshan Munidasa will fly in from Sri Lanka with a fresh batch of mighty lagoon crabs to cook at Lord Jim’s.
Guests will be treated to a six course dinner of enormous crabs, with sizes ranging from 500g up to ‘crabzilla’ specimens weighing over 2kg, spiced with the aromas of his native Sri Lanka whilst incorporating the flavours Mundisa has picked up from around the world.
This new edition forms part of the Fine Dining Lovers Guest Chef series, which brings renowned chefs to Thailand from top dining destinations around the world. Past editions have included Kirk Westaway (winner of the 2015 S.Pellegrino Young Chef for Southeast Asia, from one Michelin-starred Jaan in Singapore) and Ryan Clift from the famous Tippling Club in Singapore.
- ^ Mandarin Oriental Hotel Bangkok (www.mandarinoriental.com)
- ^ Asia's 50 Best Restaurants (www.finedininglovers.com)
- ^ Umberto Bombana (www.finedininglovers.com)
- ^ Julien Royer (www.finedininglovers.com)
- ^ Ryan Clift (www.finedininglovers.com)
- ^ Richard Ekkebus (www.finedininglovers.com)
- ^ Luca Fantin (www.finedininglovers.com)
- ^ Kirk Westaway (www.finedininglovers.com)
- ^ one Michelin-starred Jaan in Singapore (www.finedininglovers.com)
- ^ Ryan Clift from the famous Tippling Club (www.finedininglovers.com)
- ^ Follow Fine Dining Lovers on Facebook (www.facebook.com)